Thursday, February 9, 2012

Does Speaking Help?

Does reading a paper aloud to peers help you out? I certianly believe so, but I never would have thought so before today. In all honesty, I had never read one of my papers aloud before unless it was a speech or presentation. I found this to be extremely helpful and will probably end up doing this for most of my papers from here on out. It helps me to not only review what I have written, but also to hear what the paper may sound like when others are reading it. I must admit that when writing a paper for school I usually tend to not proof read it or read over it before handing it in. It's just a routine of mine as whenever I am finished with an assignment I like to just be done with it for good. If I am writing a piece that requires drafts, I will write the draft and save it. The hatred that I had for writing in high school only fueled me to not check my papers and just and them in as written and un-checked. It will be hard to break this trend, but I feel once I do it will be beneficial as I will be able to catch mistakes in the paper that spell check would not be able to identify otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you also had a positive experience while reading your draft. I understand that it's hard to break the high school habits- I still find it hard to check over everything as opposed to just handing in whatever. This wasn't my first time reading aloud though. I started doing that once I came here and it honestly helps so much. I hope that this carries over into more of your writing.

    ReplyDelete