Thursday, February 23, 2012

So, What Have We Learned?

Throughout the past two weeks and all of the readings we have done, I have come to a realization of what kind of writer I am. I have come to the conclusion that I am an honest writer with some flaws, but these flaws simply include the daily struggles that every other student writer possesses. Most of these flaws can be pinpointed to my technique, or the somewhat lack thereof. Throughout all of high school I never really had a set process or technique that I utilized when writing, but I never felt that my writings really suffered from it. People always blame the flaws of their writing on their high school teachings, and I am no different. It's not necessarily my high school's fault, as I did essentially set myself up for failure by not choosing a class that could better my writing skills. However, I am pleased with the education I received and have no regrets.
When considering the whole idea of cheating, I feel that I have no worries in that category either. I always make sure to leep my eyes on my own paper, and feel that I should only receive credit for the work that I myself do, so why bother cheating. In the perspective of plagiarism being a form of cheating, I feel I do equally as well, or atleast I try to. If at any time I have plagiarized, it has been because I have not known that citation was needed or required. I never intend to steal someone elses work and using it as my own as I simply feel that this is not fair or right. I would never want someone to do that with my work, so why do it with theirs?
All in all, I feel that I have learned alot about myself as a writer over the past few weeks and have built a sort of confidence in myself and my writings that I never had before.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that the readings have made you think a lot. Personally, as I sat back and thought about all the information from them all I could say was "Wow, I never knew things seemed that way." I know that I learned a lot about who I am as a writer, but more than anything I'm driven to improve. Is that how you feel? Also, do you feel that you have fallen victim to the acts they mention as cheating but most students don't consider it that? Do you think our school does a good job at preventing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you hold such a high moral standard about cheating and plagiarism in your life. I didn't write about it in my post, but I'm in the same boat as you because I don't cheat or plagiarize any work if I possibly can help it. Everyone has their flaws in writing, but that's what makes them different from others. As long as your pleased with your writing at this point, don't change anything.

    ReplyDelete